Job Title: Controller
Location: Paso Robles, California
Work Type/Benefits: Full-Time
Proposed Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
The ONX Team is creative and dynamic, with a passion for crafting memorable experiences and connections for our guests. We flourish as a team by working collaboratively between departments and adopting the idea that no job is too small. The Controller reports directly to the Chairman of Onx Wines.
Objectives of this role:
● Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior managers by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
● Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to the current economic landscape.
● Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
● Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective actions.
● Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
● Help develop and support short- and long-term operational strategies.
● Maintain internal safeguards for revenue receipts, costs, and team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
● Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on biweekly, monthly, and annual basis.
● Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, adhering to national and local legal standards while remaining knowledgeable of proposed legislation.
● Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
● Oversee and support the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
Required skills and qualifications:
● Five to Ten or more years of professional accounting experience.
● Strong understanding of banking processes and financial data analysis.
● Working knowledge of national and local tax regulations and compliance reporting.
● Experience with a focus on streamlining accounting processes.
● Exemplary history of financial project management.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business, accounting, or related field.
● Five or more years of experience as a senior-level accounting or finance manager.
● Previous experience with Wine Direct, QuickBooks, and Google Workspace, TOCK, ResNexus, and Ainbnb.
● 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for employees.
● Per company policy
401K Retirement Plan
● 401K with company match available after completing the first 90 days of employment.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
● 10 PTO days per year, increases with additional years of service.
● Continuing education opportunities.