Job Title: Cellar Assistant
Location: Paso Robles, California
Work Type/Benefits: Full-Time
Proposed Salary: $20-21/hour
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
ONX Estate Wines is seeking out an experienced, hard-working, and detail-oriented candidate to join our small three-person production team.
We specialize in blends off our west-side estate located in the coveted Templeton Gap AVA and provide custom crush services for a handful of local premium brands. At ONX Wines, we aim to create a portfolio of wines we think are among the best in the world, and in doing so, respectfully represent the soils, varieties, people, and histories that made them.
Tin City, where our tasting room and winery are located, is a vibrant and unique industrial hub located in Paso Robles, that has become a popular destination for locals and visitors alike. The community of Tin City is a collection of small, artisanal producers who have set up shop in repurposed industrial buildings, creating a charming, eclectic mix of tasting rooms, breweries, wineries, and distilleries. We are really proud to be a part of this community and see this as a special opportunity for anyone looking to further their career.
The right candidate will join our team in processing small, premium lots throughout each vintage and be exposed to all facets of the winemaking process. Operations and duties in the cellar include (but are not limited to):
• Crush-pad and sorting-line operations
• Fermentation management (i.e. pump-overs and punch-downs)
• Barrel work (topping, filling, racking, cleaning, etc)
• Sanitation and cleaning
• Sampling (in cellar and vineyards)
• Forklift driving and organization of the cellar
• Know the principles and processes of quality winemaking, B.S. in Enology/Fermentation Science or related field a plus
• Have a general understanding of fruit processing and fermentation
• Have one year of harvest cellar experience
• Possess excellent attention to detail
• Work well as a team member
• Be dependable and flexible to work overtime and weekends during harvest season
• Be prompt and show up to shifts on time
• Have a clean DMV record, a current driver’s license, and a reliable form of transportation
• Be reliable, enthusiastic, motivated, and take pride in their work.
• Have some comfort and experience with driving a forklift or a willingness to learn how to operate a forklift
• Have the ability to read, write, and speak English
• Have basic math skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Walk, kneel, bend, and stand for prolonged periods
• Climb stairs
• Lift and move up to 60 lbs
• Work in both cool cellar temperatures and warm Paso Robles outdoor temperatures/conditions
• Navigate steep and uneven vineyard terrain for sampling
Please submit resumes and cover letters to Lauren at Lauren@onxwines.com.